What we do and to whom ?
COROAT is functioning to address the social evils in the form of child labour, child marriage, child delinquency, sexual abuse of children, lack of protection to children, lack of employment for coolie labourers, domestic violence of women and so on. The social evils against children, especially from the marginalised community are getting worsened by several factors. The burning issues faced by children day by day is making COROAT to intervene more for the empowerment of children from marginalised communities. COROAT is also strengthening people’s organisation as a protection mechanism for children, skill training to women, alternative employment opportunities for coolie labourers towards access to sustainable livelihood resources. The pandemic situation from 2020 has expanded COROAT's activities towards COVID relief by doing 'Annadanam'-Food distribution to street side dwellers, distribution of sanitary materials and books to children.
COROAT’s vision falls under the Sustainable Development Goals - SDGs
1 No poverty, 2, No hunger, 3. Well-being, 4. Quality Education, 5 Gender equality, 8. Decent work for all, 17. Mechanisms and Partnerships to reach goals.
Direct Beneficiaries of COROAT programme
1. Children between the ages of 0 – 18 years from Tiruchirapalli district, Tamil Nadu
2. Unorganised workers from rural and urban areas of Tiruchirappalli district. This includes both men and women from the coolie labourers.
3. Village level child protection committees, district level child protection unit responsible for the protection of children.
4. Forums of unorganised workers in various forms exist to protect the rights of unorganised workers.
5. Orphans and victims of COVID 19
6. Organisations requiring development support in Education, Monitoring and Evaluation.