Development of Children :
Development of children includes both academic education and life skill for all the children. Considering the fact that ability, learning skills, opportunities to learn life skills vary from one children to another children based on the psycho-social and cultural background. Hence COROAT has conducted
· Evening study centre for the children of unorganised workers and traditional artisans,
· Remedial education programme in 42 government / aided schools to improve the learning levels of children in Tamil, Maths and English.
· Regular life skill training on personal hygiene, gender analysis, leadership development, abstinence to drugs, health and nutrition provided to all children.
· Talents shows and celebrations were conducted to motivate the children in extra curricular activities.
· Reproductive health training provided to adolescent girls and boys.
Outcome of the intervention :
· Conduct evening study center urban slum children in which 1537 children benefited.
· Remedial education to children with learning difficulties.2720 children benefited from basic level of Tamil, Maths and English class and 467 children benefited from upper primary level of remedial education.
· Life skill training to children. 343 adolescent children benefited.